The fact of the matter is that hiring a plumber is not always as easy as it sounds. You may think that everything is okay just to learn that you either spent too much money, or hired the wrong person for the job.
The following tips may not be well known, but they can help you hire the right plumber for the job:
1. Group together all of your repairs so the plumber only has to visit your home one time. You can save a lot of money by doing this, while also ensuring that all of the repairs are made without delay.
2. Request a written estimate before the work starts. Many consumers never do this because they take the plumber’s word for it. There is nothing wrong with trusting your plumber, but to protect both parties this is something you definitely want to do. Every reputable plumber will offer to give a written estimate before getting their hands wet.
3. Select a plumber that is insured and licensed. When you choose a plumber on a whim, such as by an ad in a local paper, you never know what you are going to get. During your initial conversation, ask the plumber if they are insured and licensed. This can go a long way in easing your stress.
4. Ask how their rate is calculated. Are you being charged a flat rate for the entire project? Or will you be paying an hourly rate? This is an important question, but one that many forget to ask.
5. Don't be afraid to ask for references or inquire if they're part of a consumer organization that provides them. This can be helpful in your selection especially if they are A+ rated.
These four tips may not be discussed all the time, but they can help you immensely when hiring a plumber. If you implement these tips, while also using your common sense, you will hire the right plumber and have all your problems fixed in no time at all.